Do you like a challenge? Are you an ambitious person that sets goals and takes personal pride when achieving them? Our Production Planner – Buyer position may be the one for you. In this role you will be responsible for the planning and scheduling of manufacturing activities to ensure the on-time deliveries for customer orders. You will organize and execute the planning and scheduling processes for different production lines and factory areas.
Integrity, passion, and purpose are a few characteristics that will help you contribute to your success in this role. If you desire to be part of a great team and bring your individual skills as a planner – buyer to our organization this may be the role for you.
- Develop and maintain a master production schedule balancing existing and future client orders.
- Responsible for coordinating the scheduling of all machines and production activities in the factory.
- Determine customer needs and set delivery dates based on incoming orders, communications with the Sales department and customer demands.
- Partner with the Sales team to set production capacity and lead times on orders.
- Coordinates information flow to the operating departments via production schedules.
- Updates the daily schedules to balance efficiencies and customer needs.
- Track and manage the effectiveness of the master production schedule to effectively adjust forecast and to continuously improve the overall master scheduling process.
- Responsible for material (raw steel) purchasing to support the master schedule of production.
- Monitors the progress of production through the factory to ensure that manufacturing schedules are being met. Investigates delayed or incomplete orders.
- Additional tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain
- 5+ years Production Planning experience in a manufacturing environment
- Expert applied knowledge of forecasting, MRP, transportation, supply chain, inventory management and warehousing disciplines
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and basic knowledge of fabrication and machine manufacturing processes is preferred.
- Strong systems acumen: knowledge of M2M ERP software (preferred) and MS Office Products.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Well organized with good time management, problem solving and high analytical skill.
- APICS, CPIM is preferred.
Vulcan is a well-established small company that takes pride in its stability that allows us to offer a competitive benefits package which includes medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, vision, disability, retirement savings plan with company match, profit sharing, paid leave (holidays and PTO), and employee recognition programs. We are excited about our growth and product expansion. This is allowing for opportunities for our employees that exhibit our core company values of Accountability, Integrity, Innovation, Passion, Respect, Loyalty, Purpose, Teamwork, Altruism and Excellence.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, Day shift
Job Type: Full-time