We are hiring a full time Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. Your tasks will be hands on I the planning, design and documentation of new products, tooling and equipment. We will look for your knowledge and experience to become Vulcan’s expert in manufacturing processes and the researching of new technologies. You will provide critical support to the Sales, Quality, and Manufacturing departments as well as coordinating process improvement activities.
Some of the tasks you will perform:
- Determine most efficient production methods and tooling requirements for new and existing product in collaboration with Applications Engineers.
- Act as a liaison between Sales Engineers and Machine Shop staff on new projects / proposals.
- Troubleshoot technical problems with production tooling, equipment, and processes.
- Evaluate and improve existing manufacturing equipment, processes, and work areas with objective of maximizing efficiency, safety, and quality.
- Design tooling and fixtures required for force, torque, and cycle testing in collaboration with quality control personnel.
- Utilize Solidworks/CAD software to create and edit part and assembly drawings to translate customers’ concepts into manufacturing layouts for shop production
- Develop work instructions for new equipment and processes, as required, and assists with the training of personnel.
- Research and recommend purchase of new tooling and equipment as required.
- Monitor and control all master bill of materials and routings.
- Review, investigate, and process engineering change requests.
- Coordinate the design and development of new products and processes through a structured approach that included modeling, testing, and prototyping.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar from ABET accredited school
- 1 – 2 years engineering experience
- Experience using Solidworks (preferred) or other CAD software to design and draft parts and tooling
- Must have experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be a self-starter and capable of working with minimal oversight
- Exposure to manufacturing methods and familiarity with mechanical assembly, fixture/tooling design and machining processes is preferred (either through related classwork or internships)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- High attention to detail and extremely organized
Benefits: Health insurance, Dental & Vision insurances, Retirement plan, Paid Time Off, Tuition reimbursement
Schedule: Monday to Friday, Day shift
Please note, this posting is not designed to identify a full listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this role. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.